Saturday, November 10, 2012

Time keeps ticking even as I speak

Time is of the essence I hear over and over again in my head.  What does this mean exactly?
I remember as a child thinking that I had all the time in the world, in which I did for what my little mind could fathom.  I just couldn't reach everything.  Then as I began to reach for things to fill my life, time quickly became so much more important. 
I remember trying to beat time.  Stay ahead of the ball game so to speak.  Like when my kids were little, never sitting down because a womans work IS never done.  So after watching my mother struggling to keep up with all of us eleven children, I vowed I would push myself to beat that clock and stay ahead of the laundry, dishes, dinner ect... 
Did I know what I was vowing?  HaHa ...Hell no!! 
Of course to keep such a mind set there are some things you just have to let drop to the bottom.  You just will have to get to them later.  Priorities!!  Yes that is what that is called :-)
So, now I find myself digging out some old crafts and pictures, playing on the piano and just filling up my life with friends and of course my family :-)
I just absolutely LOVE my family!!!!!! 
Here is my poem I wrote when I went back to college about Time.

Time
When the battery dies
When we close our eyes
Can we hear it flying by
Is it reaching to the sky
Shhhhh I hear it passing by

No comments:

Post a Comment